Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Jamie Campbell Bower cast as Jace Wayland in 'City of Bones'

Morning all. Well as some of you may or may not have heard, it was announced yesterday that Harry Potter and Twilight star Jamie Campbell Bower, has landed the role of the sexy Jace Wayland in the first movie adaptation of Cassandra Clare's best selling books City of Bones. Jamie will join co-star Lilly Collins who plays Clary. Its said that filming will begin later this year, for an expected 2012 release date. (But don't quote us on that)

For those of you who do not know who Jamie is, here is a picture of the future Jace Wayland:


Okay so he doesn't exactly look like Jace right now, but what about if he had runes on him? Would that sway you a little more? Here try this:


I think it could work. Providing that its done right, and that Jamie beefs up and manages to connect with the character then I think it could definitely work. I'm not going to judge Jamie based on what he looks like right now. I'm going to wait until I see the movie, then I'll pass judgement. Just like, I'll pass judgement on The Hunger Games when it's released. 
Donna isn't so sure. Jamie isn't her first choice (he isn't mine either), but Donna thinks that maybe he'll grow on her in time, and she'll come to fancying him once the movie is released. Obviously everyones favorite was Alex Pettyfer, who sadly, didn't take the role (silly Alex), but we can't always get want we want in life.

Let us know your thoughts? Do you like the choice? Are you still going to see the movie, or are you put off now?

As soon as we have more news on this, we'll update you. Heres hoping a cutie will play Simon...

Thanks for stopping by bloggers.

Happy reading! :)



Disclaimer:
Book Passion owns nothing
All rights/characters belong to Cassandra Clare
Originally posted at Mundie Moms

7 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

He is not my first choice but he is not bad either. I think he has potential. Thanks for posting :)

Book Passion for Life said...

I think he has potential too Nic. Like you, he wasn't my first choice, but I definitely think he could do it. I loved him in Twilight and in Harry Potter. He was on Cassie's list of top Jace picks, so she's happy.
Jess

Cait said...

I think he's pretty XD Plus, it's more on acting, right? They can make him look the role with some makeup and a bit of bootcamp.

Book Passion for Life said...

Donna here. Anyone know why they've gone with two British actors to play the leads?

Book Passion for Life said...

I think so Cait. I think its best to judge actors on the acting, rather than the looks. Film makers can do wonders with makeup. I'm pretty sure Jamie will do the role justice :)
Donna-Not sure why they've picked 2 British actors. Guess the Brits win out this time around :)
Jess

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

the first picture doesn't work for me. I'm not keen, although i could get used to the black and white one. A bit of makeup and some time at the gym and i think i could accept him as Jace.

Mon-iqua said...

UGH....nope should have been Alec..just saying.....he looks TOO young.....like a kid brother...not a heartthrob......

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis