Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

My Book Boyfriend (#14): Peeta Mellark


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme, hosted by Missie at The Unread ReaderWhat is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out the My Book Boyfriend Introduction Page over at Missie's blog The Unread Reader.


So this weeks My Book Boyfriend, I wanted to do someone who I gave to Donna as a trade...he's a pretty good baker, and charming...

Baker boy...Peeta Mellark

Stats:
Status: Lives in District 12, is the son of a baker which makes him wealthier than most of the people in the District. Has been in love with Katniss since he was 5.
Age: 16
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Description: He is said to have ashy blond hair, blue eyes and is of stocky build at a medium height. His favourite colour is Orange like the sunset. He ties his shoelaces in double knots, and doesn't like sugar in his tea.










“Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games”








"You love me. Real? Or, not real?" 









"So that day, in music assembly, the teacher asked who knew the valley song. Your hand shot right up in the air. She stood you up on a stool and had you sing it for us. And I swear, every bird outside the windows fell silent...and right when your song ended, I knew - just like your mother - I was a goner." 











I know, I know, not the most original Peeta. Hopefully it's enough to please Donna as well. But I'm NOT sorry to say, Josh Hutcherson has totally grown on me as Peeta and after I saw these images...well he grew even more. I think he's going to do a brilliant job, and I already love him!

Thanks to Josh Hutcherson for being my Peeta Mellark. The images are from Entertainment Weekly. So if you want a piece of Peeta yourself you can catch him in the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. You'll also be able to see the live action Peeta in The Hunger Games movie which releases March, 23rd 2012. I hope you enjoyed.



What do you all think of Peeta? Have you read The Hunger Games?

Thanks to Missie for hosting this great meme.

Tune in next Wednesday for another installment of My Book Boyfriend.


9 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

Ha! Who you GAVE Donna a trade too? That's because you were stealing Will from me, so you gave me Peeta. I'm happy with Peeta. LOVE HIM!!! - Donna

AliPeli said...

I have read Hunger Games and i love Peeta from the beginning :)

Belle said...

Ahhh Peeta I love him so. I have to say I wasn't impressed with Josh at first but he's definitely growing on me, too. Especially that first photo! He looks very much like Peeta there. I have a feeling I'm going to love him in the movie... I hope I'm not disappointed!

Jenny said...

YAY PEETA!!! At first I was not thrilled with this pick when they first announced the cast and I saw just some random picture of him, but he's definitely put on some muscle since the picture I saw and I think is going to make an awesome Peeta:)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Josh Hutcherson still hasn't grown on me as Peeta, but I'm getting there. Those Peeta quotes are some of my favorite. Just like he was a goner for Katniss right away, I was a goner for him as soon as I met him.

Kristin said...

I always knew Josh Hutcherson would grow into a hottie, but I felt like I was too old to say that when I saw him in Bridge to Tarabithia. lol Well he's legal now and I declare: JOSH HUTCHERSON IS ONE HAWT MAN!!!!

But is it wrong for a 30 year old to lust after an almost 20 year old playing a 16 year old??? DILEMMA!!

I have these books on my Kindle and will definitely read them before the first movie comes out!

Great post!

Check mine out if you feel like it!

http://happilyeverafter-reads.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-book-boyfriend-9-ewen-mccabe.html

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Lovin this quote

"You love me. Real? Or, not real?"

Just reading those quotes makes me want to re-read the books again, which I will probably do when I get thru my current TBR pile ;)

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

Okay, so he's looking better than I thought he would in the movie, but I was really hoping he'd have blonder hair. I thought he was supposed to have blonde wavy hair? Hollywood, why don't you fix this small little details?! For me! Pretty please! Other than that...I'd bake his bread *wink wink*

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Peetaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! He might not be the most original book boyfriend but he is one of the best! How could anybody not love him :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis