Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

US vs UK (#34)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 34rd US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are: 
US: 9  UK: 14  Draw: 9

US vs UK Round 34

Switched by Amanda Hocking 

VS  

Jess's thoughts: Oooh this is a hard one. I really like them both. I love everything about the US cover, but the UK cover gives off this creepy sweet vibe? I don't know, I can't choose, they're both amazing so it's a tie for me.

Donna's thoughts: Omg! There is not contest. Look how beautiful the US cover is. I do like the UK cover which I believe is also the AUS cover too but compared to the US, it doesn't even come close. I adore the US one. The girl, the flowers, the details....the white dress...everything. I love it! 

Divergent by Veronica Roth

VS  

Jess's thoughts: I didn't even know there were two covers! I thought it was one cover for all International copies. This is a hard one, I own the US cover, and have come to love it. But I like everything about the UK cover too. Argh it's hard...it's another tie for me.

Donna's thoughts: Ahhh this is a tough one for me because I really like both covers. I do own the US cover but then I'd like the UK cover too. Ummm.....there just both so different and have pros and cons about each. Well, I can't choose. I love them both! 

Which do you prefer?
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to......It's a tie! 

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :) 

9 comments:

The More the Merrier said...

I am going to pick the US cover for Switched. It just stands out, screaming pick me up and read me.

I'm not sure which cover I like for Divergent. I'm not really a fan of either one. I can't really pick.

Tipsy Misty said...

The uk cover of divergent is for the smaller paperback, we did have the other cover first except it has two people. I dont really like the red one so I vote us.
And I hadn't seen the uk cover for switched, I didn't even know it was being released here! But they're both gorgeous, I think I like uk better, it's simple but the orange butterflies make it different :)

Wee Shubba said...

Oh great choices! I really like then all. I prefer the UK one for Switched. But divergent I like both. :)

Kayleigh @ K-Books said...

US for both.

I love the red on Switched, it's gorgous.
I do like both for Divergent but I just don't think that the pink really fits with the story. I love the original UK/US version

Unknown said...

I like the US for switched, it just grabs your attention better and I do like both the Divergents but because i have the US one and its all metallic and shiny Im going to go with that one :)

Yiota said...

I'm going with UK for Switched and US for Divergent :D

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

US for both!!! Both the Divergent covers arnt really that great, but the US Switched cover is gorgeous!!!! Love it! (:

Alba said...

For Switched I have to go with the UK! hands down! but for Divergent...US no question for me >.<

Klaudia said...

It's really hard to choose. I guess UK for Divergent and US for Switched...

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis