Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

A Review for Devour (the Devoured #1) by Shelly Crane

Posted by Donna
Published Date: October 31st, 2011
Finished Date: January 21st, 2012
Source: For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: 272
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Clara has it all. A wrestling star boyfriend, popular friends, all the right school activities...pretty much a perfect life...up until her parents died. Now she lives with the Pastor and his family and though they take good care of her, she feels alone. Then her boyfriend, Tate, starts to show signs of trouble when a new guy, Eli, comes to town. Clara is fascinated with him but hides it until something happens. Eli confesses to her that she gives him something he's never had before...something he needs. Everything is about to change for this normal pretty popular girl in a supernatural way.

The Review: Shelly Crane amazes me! Honestly, as an author she definitely knows how to hit the right spots and writes another fantastic novel. Her other series Significance I thought, was completely unique but Devour seriously smashes Significance out of the water for its uniqueness.

Devour follows the life of Clara, a young girl who is living with a foster home after her parents are murdered. Clara attends the local high school where she sits with the popular crowd and has a popular boyfriend, who is a star wrestler and even though Clara is surrounded by people, she’s not really happy and mostly she feels alone. When new boy Eli starts her school, she feels an undeniable attraction to him and suddenly she’s thrown into Eli’s world…..one that is very dangerous and Clara seems to be right in the middle of it.

If you didn’t already guess, I loved this book. There is actually nothing to dislike about it because it’s pure awesomeness and the story line is thrilling, loving and fresh and once again UNIQUE! I’ve never read anything like it. I don’t want to tell you too much about the story because I don't want to ruin the surprise but the mystery surrounding Eli and what he really is,  really leaves you guessing. I even got to one point of the book and thought  “What the hell is he?” but I was completely blown away when I found out and it truly makes me think “why hasn’t this book been picked up by a publisher?” It is seriously awesome.

One of the key points of this book were the characters and I adored all of them. Even the bad guys, there’s just something about them that you like. Clara and Eli, were a fantastic couple and even with all their obstacles they overcome so much. They are bound to one other that is really touching and loving and it that makes it slightly magical. It was a real joy to read about and I want more. Now Enoch;  Eli’s brother, really reminded me of Damon from The Vampire Diaries with his snarky comments and bad boy attitude. I really enjoyed him as a character and I can not wait to see more from him.

Overall, Shelly Crane has blown me away yet again and I can not wait to dive in another one of her books. Devour is a must read!

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of this book for review. 

3 comments:

bookittyblog said...

You know what? I've asked my self the same question! Why aren't Shelly's books published by a publisher? She is AMAZING!! Anyway, I need to read this book now. Awesome review!

Leah Marie said...

Shelly Crane is all the rage these days! I've really got to get on the bandwagon. This sounds like a great one.

Unknown said...

d8h57j4b54 t3g45f0o62 m5g80g2m55 z7o42f5x87 c5l47z1t75 j2p18x9g58

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis