Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

A Review for Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires #3) by Rachel Caine


Posted by Jess
Published Date: October 7th, 2007
Finished Date: January 18th, 2012
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 356

The Blurb: Morganville’s such a nice place to live… And die. If you don’t mind that sort of thing.

When Claire Danvers learnt that her college town was run by vampires, she did what any intelligent, self-preserving student would do: she applied for a transfer and stocked up on garlic. The transfer is no longer an option, but the garlic may come in handy.
Now Claire has pledged herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town. The protection her contract secures does little to reassure her friends. All of a sudden people are turning up dead, a stalker resurfaces from Claire’s past, and an ancient bloodsucker extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.

The Review: "Claire dropped her backpack at the bottom of the stairs--where it was easy to grab in midrun--and spotted a new addition to the lab: a cage. And Myrnin was inside it."

Well, doesn't this series just get better and better as you go on? I'm really enjoying this, I put it off for so long but now that I'm finally reading them I can't get enough! 

I've been whizzing through these books, and I enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous two. It seems they get better and better as they go on (like I said). I love that this was all fast paced and constant action that left me wanting more and keep turning the pages. I'm not going to talk about the characters that much, because I already established in my last reviews for 1&2 that I love Claire, because she's just so strong and kick-ass, I love Shane because he's all hot and swoony, I love Michael because he's all sexy and authoritive and I love Eve, because she's just kick-ass-take-no-crap-from-anybody. What I will say is that the character Myrnin is starting to grow on me, I find him scary, but completely intriguing, and I hope Claire can find a cure for the vampire sickness (yes vampires are getting sick in Morganville). Amelie, eh, I'm still in two minds about her, there are some moments where I think, she's cool, there are other moments where I just wish she'd die; I don't know she just annoys me a little and I don't like that she thinks she just owns everything. Even though she does... =/ 

Everything about this book was amazing, I could never seem to put it down and I just kept wanting more! The amount of times I wanted to get angry, or cry, the amount of times I laughed (thanks to Shane and Michael), that's always a good sign if a book makes you do all these things all at once. I compliment Rachel Caine for being able to keep up all this book after book. Every book is going to be different, but better than it's previous and I love that. I like to know that I'm going to enjoy every book in a series. The only other series that made me feel like this was Vampire Academy. 

Well, yeah I don't have much else to say except that I rally enjoyed this one and I can't wait to read more. Yay for Morganville! 

3 comments:

Wee Shubba said...

Always happy when I see people loving this series! I love Myrnin. Lol. I know he kinda insane and scary but that how I like them. Lol.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

WOW You are just plowing through these books! I am impressed :)

Dazzling Mage said...

I've also started reading this series recently (finished the first two books), and yes I'm LOVING it! I'm glad the third is the best yet, and I can't wait to see where it's going!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis