Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

A Review for Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2) by E.L. James

Posted by Jess
Published Date: September 15th, 2011
Finished Date: February 18th, 2012
Publishers: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle


The Blurb from Goodreads: Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.

The Review: “This is me, Ana. All of me...and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you.” – Christian

To: Ms. E. L. James
Subject: Review for Fifty Shades Darker
Date: February 20th, 2012, 08.42
From: Jessica at Book Passion for Life

Dear Ms, James,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for bringing Christian Grey into my life. It seems now after reading Fifty Shades Darker and almost finishing Fifty Shades Freed, I can't seem to get Mr. Grey out of my head. He beguiles me, Ms. James. Plain and simple.  I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Grey, is a man worth loving and as his and Ana's story continued in book 2, I became infatuated with them both. Fifty Shades Darker is by far better than Fifty Shades of Grey. I can tell you that although I loved Christian in book one, I love him more now, because it's this book that we're introduced to a new Christian. A playful Christian, a hotter Christian, a sweet Christian. Let me make mention to Ana, she's stronger in this book, Ms. James. I like her strength, her will to handle Christian and all his mood swings. Do I believe she's sometimes the cause to his mood swings? Absolutely. She seems to antagonise him a little, leading to angry Christian. But that's OK. Although their relationship is one of pure love, and ultimately lust, I don't think I've read about any two characters more meant for each other than these two.  

I'm in awe of you Ms. James. In awe of how you've managed to create a story worth telling. How you've managed to create memorable characters. You, Ms. James are how other erotic writers should be. They should learn from you and create plot lines. You have a plot in your book Ms. James, I realise this should be a review for Darker but I'd mention that all your books have plots, they aren't just about the kinky f*ckery, oh no, you have a story to tell, and you tell it well. Extremely well, and I begrudge anyone who wishes to disagree with me. Because, frankly, Ms. James, this story, these characters, this setting its in a whole league of its own. And a story that should be read and recommended to each and every person (providing they're ages 18+, of course). Fifty Shades Darker has so much more than what Fifty Shades of Grey had, I especially enjoyed the charity event, the boat, and the club. It felt right to get out of Christian's apartment (sometimes ;)), out of his playroom and just see him becoming the 26 year old that he should be not the overly controlling CEO that we fell in love with to begin with. The ending to Fifty Shades Darker was perfect. So perfect. 

I'm sorry to ramble on Ms. James. But I had to make my sentiments known. I'd like to just say that if anyone who hasn't read your book they really should pick them all up. Right now. 

Thank you Ms. James.

Irrevocably in love with Christian Grey- Jessica co blogger at Book Passion for Life

4 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

Love your review Jess!! <3 Christian!!! Muahahaha ~ Donna

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks Donna, unfortunately because of out little deal we HAVE to share Christian, which I'm sooooo not happy about at all...but it's just the way it goes. He's not supposed to be shared though.

~Jess

Wee Shubba said...

So looking forward to reading these books. Awesome review!!

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I love this review! I also love the sound of this book. (And Christian!) ;) I still haven't read the first one (I know, I can't believe it either!) but I plan to very soon. :D I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis