Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

A Review for Captured (Captive #1) by Erica Stevens

Captured (The Captive, #1)Posted by Donna
Release Date: June 6th, 2012
Finished Date: July 19th, 2013
Publishers: Self - Published 
Source: Free from Amazon UK
Format: Kindle 
Pages: 168
Blood Slave.

Captured, taken from her beloved family and woods, Aria’s biggest fear is not the imminent death facing her, but that she will be chosen as a blood slave for a member of the ruling vampire race. No matter what becomes of her though, Aria knows that she must keep her identity hidden from the monsters imprisoning her. She has already been branded a member of the rebellion, but the vampires do not know the true depth of her involvement with it, and they must never know.

Though hoping for death, Aria’s world is turned upside down when a vampire named Braith steps forward to claim her. He delays her execution, but Aria knows it’s only a matter of time before he drains her, and destroys her. Especially once she learns his true identity as a prince within the royal family; the same royal family that started the war that ultimately brought down humankind, reducing them to nothing more than servants and slaves.

Aria is determined to hate the prince, determined not to give into him in anyway, but his strange kindness, and surprising gentleness astonish her. Torn between her loyalties to the rebellion, and her growing love for her greatest enemy, Aria struggles to decide between everything she has ever known, and a love she never dreamed of finding.

The Review: "I'm yours Braith, I'm yours. Take it. Take Me. I want to be the one that satisfies you, not them."

After being recommend this series from one of my blogging pals and my mother, I decided to grab it while it was free on Amazon a few weeks ago, so I could give this series a go - and I'm really glad I did.

Erica Stevens introduces us to a paranormal/dystopian world where vampires rule over the humans. Arianna is a seventeen-year-old girl who is a part of the rebel's clan - people who believe that the vampire ruling is wrong. But when Arianna is captured and sold as a blood slave to the vampires, her future is suddenly looking bleak. It's only when the future King of the vampire - Briath, purchases her as his first blood slave, and people are more than curious as to why he has suddenly decided to take Arianna as his slave. However, is Braith really as brutal as his fellow vampires or can Arianna really trust him?

I'm really surprised how much I enjoyed Captured. It's been a long while since I've found a self-published paranormal series that I've managed to connect with and fully enjoy the story, and now I'm highly addicted - that addicted that I had to purchase the second book straight after, which I'm reading now.

Admittedly the story starts off slow but, it gives you enough time to get invested in the characters and enough time to form a strong bond with them. By the time you hit the middle of the story it's simply unputdownable. Braith and Aria are such fantastic characters - they are two completely different people but after time, their bond is so strong - I loved it. I was hoping and kind of expecting a bit of smut to the story, but it's not really needed. The connection between the characters is very intense and very sizzling hot - I guess it proves that not all relationships are based around sex to be enjoyable still.

In all, I'm so glad I decided to go out on a whim and try this series, because as you can see I really enjoyed this and it's also still free on Amazon, so GO GET IT!

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis