Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

{Review} Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley

5779746Posted by Donna
Release Date: August 6th, 2009
Finished Date: July 15th, 2014
Publishers: Razorbill
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Gifted 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 321
Sometimes a good-bye is just the beginning.

When Emily Carson’s parents die in a plane crash, she’s left with nothing but her mother’s last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: Emily, please forgive me.

Now it’s fall and Emily moves to New York City, where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.

Debut author Jennifer Jabaley has written a wonderful, feel-good romantic comedy with real emotional depth. Full of lovably wacky characters, Lipstick Apology is a heartwarming story about the true meaning of forgiveness.

The Review: Lovable and emotional, Lipstick Apology is an entertaining YA contemporary story that had me hooked from the start. 

When Emily's parents die in a plane crash, her world is left turned upside down. With so much media attention and her mother's strange last words written in lipstick on a plane table, everyone wants to know what it means. To Emily though, she can't find the strength to move on. Months later having no other choice but to move to New York city with her famous aunt, Emily's starts a new school where things sure are different. Finding herself in with the popular crowd and getting the attention of one of the most popular guys at school, Emily does the best with moving on, but the other boy in her life - Anthony, encourages her to try and find out what her mothers message means, but is she ready for the secrets that will unfold?

I've had Lipstick Apology sitting on my shelf for just over 3 years and I can't believe I waited so long to read it. I didn't go into it with much hope because I've noticed it's not a very popular book, however, everyone should read this book if you're a fan of YA contemporary. It's a heart-warming story that can't help leave a mark and it's about moving on after a difficult tragedy and then trying to find yourself. 

I really liked all the characters throughout the story. Emily was very likable, although she could be a tad difficult at times because I found that understandable because of everything she's been through. She had a strong group of friends and family behind and I definitely think that helped. And Anthony, how sweet he is. He's the type of friend all guys need, someone reliable, sweet and someone who can cheer you up no matter what.

In all, I really enjoyed Lipstick Apology and hopefully soon I'll get around to reading Jennifer Jabaley's other story, Crush Control.

Favourite Quote: “Thunder only happens when it's raining. Players only love you when they're playing.” 

8 comments:

Irma Jurejevčič said...

Wow, this book really sounds interesting. Thanks for posting a review. Will add on my TBR list.

Lilian Quiros said...

Great review! :)

DonnasReviews said...

Thank you! I hope you manage to read it! x

DonnasReviews said...

Thank you! =)

Irma Jurejevčič said...

Thank you :) I will.

Cali Willette said...

Great review!! This book sounds cute!

Madalina said...

I absolutely love the cover for this book! I've definitely added it to my To-Read list (which is now inifinite....)

alessya said...

Great review! :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis